Housing Associations with housing in East Staffordshire are registered as charitable organisations and can therefore only offer tenancies to qualifying applicants including:
- People of pensionable age
- People registered as disabled
- People with chronic physical or mental health problems
- Households with a net annual income of less than around £31,000
- Most people aged 16+ are eligible and qualify to join the East Staffordshire Housing Register. However, you are likely to be excluded if you have a recent history of rent arrears or antisocial behaviour.
You cannot legally hold a tenancy until you become 18. If your are under 18 you will only be allocated rented social housing if someone suitable will act as your trustee, and housing associations may also require a guarantor.