The Council has strategic housing responsibility for East Staffordshire which is described in the following documents.
- The Housing Strategy 2015-2020
- The Homelessness Strategy 2018-2023, which is itself based on other documents, eg
The main areas of action in the Housing Strategy The Housing Strategy 2015-2020 are:-
- Preventing Homelessness
- Affordable Housing
- Improving the availability of housing
- Keeping down the number of empty homes
- Tackling sub-standard housing
What is Affordable Housing?
Affordable housing is housing that is rented or sold at below market-rates. It comes in various forms:
- Social rented accommodation - where the landlord is a Housing Association.
- Shared-ownership - where you buy a percentage of a property and pay rent on the remainder.
- Shared-equity - where you buy a percentage of a property with a mortgage and the rest of the property with a discounted loan.
If you are looking for affordable housing please see finding somewhere to live.
For more details call 01283 508149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org