Council Tax Refunds

How to claim a refund

If you have received a notice showing that your account is in credit you can download and complete the council tax refund form and email it to or post it to Revenues Team, PO Box 8045, Burton upon Trent, DE14 9JG.

If you paid your Council Tax by direct debit we will refund any credit back to the bank account we hold on record. If we have not collected a recent payment from your bank account you may be asked to confirm that the account is still active. 

If you have moved to a new address within the borough we may have already transferred your credit to your new account. 

If you do not pay your Council Tax by direct debit you will be asked to supply your bank account details as we no longer refund credits by cheque.