Report anti social behaviour

If you are having problems with your neighbours we always recommend that you approach your neighbours and make them aware of your issues/ concerns before asking the police or council to get involved.

If you are not comfortable approaching your neighbour, or have done so and the problem persists, then you can contact the council by letter, email or telephone.

How to report anti social behaviour

You can report anti social behaviour to:

What we need from you

To deal with your complaint as effectively as possible we will need the following details from you:

  • The nature of the complaint
  • How long it has been happening
  • What times and days it occurs
  • Has it been reported to the police or other agency
  • Any background information that may explain why the person/people you are complaining about may be behaving the way they are – e.g. boundary disputes

We may ask you to complete diary sheets to gather evidence, and to help us understand the extent of the problems.

Very rarely are two anti social behaviour complaints the same, and there is no one size fits all address them.

What the council can do

Once we have taken all the details from you, and considered any diary sheets or CCTV evidence you have submitted, we will consider what action, if any, the council is able to take.

See what options that are available to the council.

When both parties have a dispute it can be very difficult for the council or the police to take any action. In these circumstances we are limited to offering help, advice, and signposting towards services such as mediation.