When is it required?
For all proposals within 15km of the Cannock Chase SAC which involve the creation of a dwelling. This includes new build dwellings, tourist accommodation, conversion of buildings into dwellings, prior approval applications for the creation of dwellings and agricultural workers dwellings as well as some other forms of development. For more detail on what is covered please see the FAQ document in the further guidance links below.
What is this?
A statement of willingness committing the applicant to pay a financial contribution towards mitigation for the Cannock Chase Special Area of Conservation confirming that the Cannock Chase SAC will not be affected by the proposed development. The applicant will need to sign a unilateral undertaking and pay the LPAs costs in signing the document prior to the decision notice being issued.
Why is this required?
An increase in 1 net dwelling more within the 15km zone of the Cannock Chase SAC will have an adverse, in combination effect on the integrity of the Cannock Chase SAC in the absence of mitigation.
Contributions for new dwellings in the relevant area are required by ESBC Local Plan Detailed Policy 11.
- Link to a map showing the 15km zone
- Cannock Chase SAC Planning Application FAQ
- Cannock Chase SAC Planning Evidence Base Review
- Cannock Chase SAC Planning Evidence Base Report Stage 2
- Cannock Chase Memorandum of Understanding
- Cannock Chase SAC Guidance to mitigate the impact of new residential development