We aim to work with at least six National Governing Bodies per year to develop local sporting opportunities.
Current National Governing Body Initiatives taking place in East Staffordshire.
Have you enjoyed playing hockey at school or university? Stopped playing and would love to start again? Looking for a fun, new activity? A different way to get fit and lose weight as part of a team?
Session Times: TBC for further information contact Catherine Pendlebury on 01283 508191 or e-mail email@example.com,
Back to Netball
Sessions provide a gentle re-introduction to the game for women over sixteen, and are led by qualified coaches. You can just turn up, sessions are pay and play, and you can expect to cover basic skills like passing and footwork and even play in a fun match. Whether it is about rediscovering sporting abilities you forgot you had, or about getting active again, back to netball caters for all abilities.
- Every Thursday 6.30pm - 7.30pm at Shobnall Leisure Complex, for ages 16 + and costs £2.00 per session, (No Sessions 1st November, 20th, 27th December,3rd 10th January, 21st February & 14th March).
- Every Thursday 7.00pm - 7.50pm at Uttoxeter Leisure Centre for ages 16+ and costs £2.00 per session (No session 1st November, 20th, 27th December).
For further information on the Back to Netball sessions please contact Catherine Pendlebury on 01283 508191 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions provide an ideal opportunity to play netball for the first time or to continue netball already played at school. All abilities welcome, simply turn up and play. Sessions are delivered by a qualified Level 2 Netball Coach.
- Thursday 27th September - Thursday 11th July, 5.30pm - 6.30pm, Shobnall Leisure Complex. Cost £2.00 Ages: School Years 5 - 8. (No sessions 1st November, 20th, 27th Dec, 3rd Jan, 21st Feb, 18th 25th April)
For further information on the Junior Netball session contact Emma Varnam on 01283 508192 or e-mail email@example.com
Walking Netball is a slowed down version of the gameof netball. Designed for anyone looking to exercise in a relaxed, supportive and friendly environment. A game of walking Netball is for all ages and abilities and every session contains and gentle warm-up.
- Thursday 10:00am - 11:00am, Meadowside Leisure Centre.Cost £20.15 for 10 weeks.Autumn Dates 27th September, 4th, 11th, 18ht, 25th October, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th November, 6th December
- Friday 1.30pm - 2.30pm, Uttoxeter Leisure Centre. Cost £20.15 for 10 weeks. Autumn Dates 28th September, 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th October, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th November, 7th December
For further information or to book a place on the Walking Netball sessions please contact Jo Smith on 01283 508191 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Cricket - Chance to Shine
The idea is simple: link cricket clubs to local primary and secondary schools, pay qualified cricket coaches to deliver cricket sessions and matches in schools, train teachers and encourage children to come and play at cricket clubs.
Chuck it - Whack it - Leg it - Smile
Fun friendly sessions will take place every Wednesday. Sessions are led by Rounders Activators who ensure all have a fun and enjoyable game.Suitable for all the family ideal age 11+
For further information contact Cateerine Pendlebury on 01283 508191 or e-mail email@example.com.
Run Together - Beginners Running
Run Together is the official England Athletics recreational running project which aims to get the whole nation running. Regardless of your age, fitness level, aspiration, background, or location you can be a part of Run Together and benefit from being a part of England's running community. Ages 12+.(under 16's must be accompanied by responsible adult)
For further information on up and coming course please contact Sports Development Team on 01283 508192or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Hockey
Sessions provide a gentle re-introduction to the game. You can just turn up, sessions are pay and play, and you can expect to cover basic skills, and play in small sided games. Whether it is about rediscovering sporting abilities you forgot you had, or about getting active again, back to hockey caters for all abilities.
For further information on up and coming Back to Hockey sessions please contact Catherine Penlebury on 01283 508191 or e-mail email@example.com.
For further information on our National Governing Body initiatives please contact the Sports Development Team on 01283 508192 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.