Home > Housing and property > Homelessness advice > Relationship difficulties > Relationship difficulties - Non Abusive

Relationship difficulties - Non Abusive

Coronavirus: Customer Service Centres

The customer service centres in Burton and Uttoxeter are to close with immediate effect.

If you are homeless or at risk of being homeless please telephone 01283 508120 between 9am and 5pm, or in an emergency outside office hours please ring 01283 508126.

Alternatively you can email the Council at housingoptions@eaststaffsbc.gov.uk and we will aim to respond the same working day.

If you are a Rough Sleeper please call 0800 130 3415. The YMCA’S dedicated Outreach team are available 24 hours a day, if for any reason there is no answer please leave a voicemail with your contact details.

Other ESBC services affected by Coronavirus

Housing Advice

Housing rights in a relationship breakdown can be complicated and you may need to seek legal advice.

If you have a joint tenancy or own a property with your ex partner you may still have rights to occupy the place you are living in together.

You may need advice about the law. The Government’s website, GOV.UK, has a web page where you can Find a Legal Aid Advisor

Where else can I go for housing help and advice?

Shelter has produced a guide what people’s housing rights are after splitting up.

Shelter can also be contacted by telephone: 0344 515 1944

Citizens Advice Bureau - for general and legal advice and help. Telephone: 08444 111 444.

If you’ve decided that you need to find a new home the find somewhere to live in East Staffordshire page has more information.