The Housing Options Team can assess what your housing needs are and can give you housing advice on the next steps. This includes situations where there is a risk you will become homeless within 56 days.
The Homelessness Reduction Act (2017) changed the law in 2018 and means councils must give more help to homeless people.
We can help with:
Making a housing plan
We can help you to make a housing plan to can work towards the next steps to find a permanent home.
Supported housing may be an option for you if you are homeless and have extra needs including:
- a physical or mental illness
- a care leaver
- ex-armed forces
- a recent prison leaver
- hospital discharge
- older people
Let us know what your needs are.
Help finding a home
We can help you to:
- Get your priority need agreed when we assess and review your application. This includes if you have extra or complex housing needs.
- Look at the options for housing which are available to you, including temporary accommodation or private housing
- Find somewhere to stay tonight, in an emergency, when you have nowhere else to go.
- Put in a review of your homelessness application
If you need a one-off payment to assist with housing costs, or need help with rent arrears to stop you being evicted by your landlord please see our financial difficulties page.
We can help if you are being harassed or threatened by your landlord, or if you have been locked out of your home, evicted or if the rent is being increased.
We can visit you at home and work with you and anyone who might try to make you homeless, to resolve your housing problems.