The Housing Options team provides advice about housing and homelessness.
How to contact us
- Telephone: (01283) 508120 - Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Email: HousingOptions@eaststaffsbc.gov.uk
- In person:
Burton Customer Service Centre - Monday to Friday 9am (9.45am Wed) - 5pm
Burton upon Trent
You do not need an appointment but you will have to wait until we are free.
Uttoxeter Customer Service Centre (within Uttoxeter Library)
We do not have an officer at the Uttoxeter Customer Service Centre but you can speak to us from there by phone Monday-Friday between the hours of 9am (10.30am Wednesday) and 5pm. Staff there can also receive documents from you.
What to bring with you
If any of these things apply to your situation please bring them with you if you can. This will help us to provide you with the best advice.
Proof of identity
One of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Driving licence photo card
- National Insurance Card
- Proof of immigration status
Evidence of why you are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Tenancy agreement
- Notice to Quit
- Notice of Possession
- Mortgage statement or most recent correspondence from the lender
- Court orders or details of court proceedings
- Letter from parents/friends/relatives saying you have to leave
Proof of income
- Income details
- Bank statements
- Entitlement to benefits
- Mortgage agreement
- Secured loan(s) agreements
Other evidence of your circumstances
- Name, address and telephone number of your landlord/managing agent
- Birth certificate of your partners/children
- Marriage certificate
- Child Benefit/Tax Credit letter/book
- Residence order from the court
- Wage slips
- Details of previous addresses
- Details of social workers/support workers
- Proof of pregnancy
- Relevant medical information
Improving Homelessness Services - Sharing Your Data
The Council has agreed to take part in a piece of research for the Government. Several Councils are participating. The purpose of the research is to test the approach of Councils to dealing with homelessness.
It means we will be sharing your data, but it won’t be used to identify you and it won’t affect any benefits you are receiving.
There is some more information below, and you can opt out by just letting us know.
Please email HousingOptions@eaststaffsbc.gov.uk if you would like to opt out.
How are we using your information?
If you or someone in your household completes an assessment to receive advice and assistance from the Council we will share some of your personal information with the Department for Communities and Local Government for research purposes.
How will this affect me?
It will not affect your benefits, services or any treatment that you get. Your information will be made anonymous and handled with care in accordance with the law.
Why is my information being shared?
We are sharing your information to help improve the services your household and other households receive in the future.