Tell us about changes straight away. If you don't, you may end up paying the wrong amount of council tax.
Changes you must tell us about include:
- If you change your address.
- If someone in your household dies.
- If someone aged 18 years and over comes to stay with you for a period of time (this may affect any discounts that you are receiving on your council tax bill)
- If someone moves out (if this means that you now live alone and are over 18 you may be entitled to a single person discount)
- If you change your name due to marriage or divorce, or the name on your account is incorrect.
- If your children leave school.
- If you or another resident of the house aged 18 years and over goes into care or into hospital for a long period, or are away from home providing care for someone else.
- If someone aged 18 years and over can now be disregarded as an adult resident of the house.
This is not a full list. If you think a change may affect your council tax, please tell us anyway.
For further information please contact:
Telephone: 01283 508030 - Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm
In person: Visit one of our Customer Service Centres in the Market Place, High Street, Burton upon Trent; or the Library in Uttoxeter
Write to us: Revenues Team, PO Box 8045, Burton upon Trent, DE14 9JG