In order that the Council can continue to maintain a pre-application service that is consistent and of a high standard, the fees as set out in the charging schedule will be applied.
A pre-application advice request will not be registered or allocated to an officer until the relevant fee has been received.
The following types of application are exempt from the charges for pre-application advice:
- For alterations, extensions, etc to a dwelling house for the benefit of a registered disabled person.
- An application solely for the carrying out of the operations for the purpose of providing a means of access for disabled persons to or within a building or premises to which members of the public are admitted.
- Planning permission for relevant demolition in a conservation area, works to trees covered by a tree preservation order or in a conservation area and hedgerow removal.
- If the proposal relates to works that require planning permission only by virtue of an Article 4 Direction of the Town & Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995 (as amended); i.e. where the application is required only because of a direction or planning condition removing permitted development rights.
- Applications submitted by parish councils.