The Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) is required by national planning policy, set out in the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). The SHLAA is produced by the Council following the Government Practice Guide. The SHLAA identifies a future supply of land which is suitable, available and achievable for housing over the plan period. It is not a policy document and a sites inclusion within the SHLAA does not mean that planning permission will be granted.
An assessment should:
- identify sites and broad locations with potential for development;
- assess their development potential;
- assess their suitability for development and the likelihood of development coming forward (the availability and achievability).
The SHLAA was prepared annually between 2009 and 2014. The SHLAA 2017 reflects the adoption of the Local Plan in 2015. The SHLAA should be reviewed and updated as needed each year.
Any person can make a suggestion for a new SHLAA site, not just landowners and their agents. If you want to submit a site for the SHLAA please download a proforma template by clicking here and return a completed version either by email to email@example.com or by post to: Planning Policy, ESBC PO Box 8045,Burton upon Trent, DE14 9JG.
A suggestion can be made at any time of year, but the site will not be added to the published SHLAA until the next update takes place.
2017 SHLAA Reports and Proforma's
- SHLAA 2017 Report
- SHLAA 2017 Sites Trajectory Table (Appendix A)
- Burton Area Map 2017
- SHLAA Site Map 2017 (Appendix B)
- SHLAA Trajectory Map 2017 (Appendix C)
- SHLAA Proforma's - 2017 (Appendix D)
2014 SHLAA Reports and Proforma's
- SHLAA 2014 Report
- SHLAA 2014 Sites Trajectory
- Burton Area Map 2014
- Appendix B SHLAA Site Map 2014
- Appendix C SHLAA Trajectory Map 2014
- SHLAA Proforma's - New sites 2014
- SHLAA Proforma's - 8 to 74
- SHLAA Proforma's - 75 to 127
- SHLAA Proforma's - 138 to 341
- SHLAA Proforma's - 343 to 381