Home > Planning > Do I need planning permission? > Non-householder permission

Non-householder permission

Coronavirus: Planning

The Planning and Local Land Charges department are currently working off site. The preferred method of contact is via email at dcsupport@eaststaffsbc.gov.uk.

Other ESBC services affected by Coronavirus

How can I find out whether I need planning permission?

You have 3 options to help determine whether or not you require planning permission:-

Access our online mapping facility to check whether a property is within a Conservation Area, Article 4 Area, a Listed Building, view live planning applications or refer to planning history for an address.

If you require any further help or assistance e-mail: dcsupport@eaststaffsbc.gov.uk or telephone 01283 508606 and speak to one of the panning support staff.

Pre-application Advice

If you have determined that you need to apply for planning permission, ou could take advantage of our pre-application advice service.

Apply for Planning Permission

To apply for permission you can either:

Guidance on Common Projects

If you use the links below you will find information on whether you require planning permission for different types of developments. (These links will take you to the Planning Portal National Planning Guidance).

Adverts and Signs - Adverts National Guidance - Planning Portal

Change of Use - Change of Use National Guidance - Planning Portal

Demolition - Demolition National Guidance - Planning Portal

Warehouse and Industrial - Warehouse and Industrial National Guidance - Planning Portal

Shops - Shops National Guidance - Planning Portal

Working from Home - Working from Home National Guidance - Planning Portal

Solar Panels - Solar Panels (Non-domestic)