Has an application been submitted
There are five main ways that you might discover that a planning application has been submitted to the council:
- Neighbour notification: The council issues a neighbour notification notice on certain neighbouring property owners and occupiers.
- Local press: Following submission of certain applications, the council may decide, because of the nature of the proposal, that the application should be advertised in the local press. This allows a wider section of the community to be aware of the proposal.
- Site notice: A site notice will be located close to the application site with the planning application details.
- Online: You can search for ‘live’ planning applications through the online mapping facility or planning explorer.
- Parish council: Your local parish council are consulted on planning applications, you may therefore wish to discuss applications with them.
The publicity requirements document provides information on how we publicise applications.