National pool lifeguard qualification
Meadowside Leisure Centre offers you the opportunity to gain an internationally recognised qualification by enrolling on the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification Course.
Please register your interest for our next course by contacting Hayley Milton on 01283 508862 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The course will consist of both theoretical and practical sessions and cover both wet and dry skills; candidates are reminded that all sessions must be attended in order to take the assessment.
The following areas will be covered:
- Safety and rescue provision of swimming pools
- Rescue of a casualty using poolside rescue equipment.
- Rescue of a casualty using contact tows
- Two timed swims.
- Spinal injury rescue, support and management.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation for adult, baby and infant.
- First aid, including illness and injury management.
- The course will also cover site specific elements, such as pool operating procedures and legal requirements.
- This qualification now includes training on the use of an Automated External Defibrillator
Candidates must be able to swim 200m continuously, swim 50m in under 1 minute, tread water for 30 seconds, dive to the deepest part of the pool (1.8m) and climb out unaided.
Candidates must be at least 16 years old on the assessment day to attend the course.
Course costs are payable in full before the course begins. Price includes assessment, resource materials and training.