A Personal Search is a search of the Local Land Charges Register (LLC) in accordance with the LLC Act 1975 and the LLC Rules 1977 (as amended).
Since the 18th August 2010 you have been able to inspect the LLC Register free of charge due to the statutory fee of £22.00 being revoked under Statutory Instrument 1812/2010. This was a temporary measure implemented to improve the speed with which legislation was being approved. Apart from the absence of a fee and some minor changes to the procedures for making a personal search everything else remains unchanged, at the present time.
Following Government's recommendations to improve the search process, you can now order specific Con29 questions through the 'Search Request Document'.
Personal Search Procedure
- Send your request by downloading the search request document
- Complete and return by email to email@example.com or post to Local Land Charges, ESBC, PO Box 8045, DE14 9JG
- Following receipt of your email the LLC Team will prepare the personal search. When ready we will email you to let you know the search can be viewed at the Customer Service Centre(CSC), Market Place, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1HA
- You will be issued with a reference number you will need to quote on your arrival at the CSC before access is provided
- The search will be made available to view in an electronic format at the CSC for a period of 10 days
- The Customer Service Centre is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm, Wednesday 9.45am to 5.00pm and Saturday 9.00am to 1.00pm.
- The guide, how to access Con29 information provides how and where you can obtain the relevant answers to the Con29
- A personal search only covers access to the LLC Register and not any other Statutory Register
- Under rule 7 of the LLC Rules 1977, conditional planning permission can be obtained from the Planning Public Register