This section contains links to other websites.
The BBC website provides information on health
- Meadowside Leisure Centre Located within walking distance of the Town Centre, Meadowside has two swimming pools, squash courts, sports hall, dance studio, crèche, Contours fitness suite and Pirates Cove adventure play area. The Riverside Lounge Bar and Waves Cafeteria offer a wide range of meals and drinks. The Centre offers an all year round programme of leisure activities for family and friends.
- Shobnall Leisure Centre The sports and leisure facility is set in an open parkland site, catering for athletics, hockey, football, rugby, tennis, crown green bowls, crazy golf and pitch and putt.
- Uttoxeter Leisure Centre - Incorporating Pulsation's Fitness Suite The multi purpose facility comprises of a 25m Pool, Squash Court, 4 courts Sports Hall, Fitness Room, Pulsations Cardiovascular Suite, Crèche and Sun Terrace.
Fitness For Life The Department of Health recommendation for adults is, at least, 30 minutes of physical activity on five or more days of the week. This physical activity should be of at least a moderate intensity - similar to brisk walking. Activity can be taken in bouts of 10 to 15 minutes, allowing for accumulation of activity throughout the day.
- British Heart Foundation (BHF) is committed to playing a leading role in the fight against heart disease.
- Cancer Research Uk - More than one in three people will develop cancer at some point. Find out more about the latest developments in the fight against the disease.
- National Osteoporosis Society Osteoporosis occurs when the holes within bones become bigger, making it fragile and liable to break easily. Find out more information at this site.
- Diabetes UK Diabetes is a condition in which the amount of glucose (sugar) in the blood is too high because the body cannot use it properly and affects around 1.4 million people in the UK.
- Hypnotherapy A useful website for those who are looking for support or general advice regarding hypnotherapy